Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Launching of Ycafe Blog

Dear Rebina, Reena, Susan, Subash, Saroj, Pratima

Something is happening everyday and today, its Ycafe Blog. My first intention, lets all start sharing our talks instead of cash or else. Rebina! do u know Pratima? Reena, have u talked to Saroj?

Well, there is nothing called formal parichaya program so I wish if this blog can play as our common shoe to wear and walk. All of u, plz start posting on it everyday during your mail checking time and know each other.

Start it.

Warm Regards
Bishwas

32 comments:

Jenish said...

Hi all,

This sounds a fantastic idea! Rather than emailing each other, we can share out thoughts on the blogger website. We can share our ideas, views, suggestion, development, networking etc and take full advantage of web blogg.
Hope to see more posting.

Cheers,
Saroj

Jenish said...

Guys,

I was suggesting Bishwas to create a new page (donation) on the web, so that people can donate online using Ycafe.org website. It is quite easy to make as we can link Ycafe.org with Paypal.com, and we don't have to worry about making ecommerce website by our self.
Please visit paypal.co.uk and you will get the idea.

Cheers,
Saroj

Bishwas said...

Hey Saroj,

Ya I got your point. Hey others! what do u say about Saroj's view. If all of us agree, I will start working on it. Or if any of u have better idea, lets discuss on it.

Bishwas

Bishwas said...

Hello folks,

Hope all of u are doing well. Well all of your comments are definately exciting me a lot and hope to get more viewings are commenting frequently.

One good news. One bad news.

Bad news is, as all of u Nepali guys over there are delaying in posting your comments, here in Nepal it is the climax of Arthik Barsa 2062-63 so everyone is just busy in fixing up their accounts. Hence no chance to get our village & school info by 2nd week of Shrawan.

Good news is I re-met Bigyan Bajracharya after a gap. Reena knows him but others don't. He is my childhood friend from Butuwal and grandson of ex-CDO of Rupandehi District. Also he has done masters in Business Studies and currently involved in NGO of Himal Media. We all know Himal Magazine and its big bosses - Kanak Mani Dixit, Sundar Mani Dixit, Rituraj etc.. His involvement with their organization can definately bring us some technical knowledge on the practical operation of ours like newly cripping organization. This is just an idea and still unfolded to him. Just expecting your views on it.

Thanks.

rees said...

biswas don't angry i am trying to use blog but i am not doing well sorry for that

rees said...

its really glad to hear about bigyan moreover he is link with himal media NGO, i also get some people who are impressed with himal media. hope for us too. cheers

Bishwas said...

Thanks Reena.

And I request you all to understand that all of us are in the struggling phase of life. Apart from this Ycafe, we all have to continously wash our brain for bread and butter. Hence, despite of full capacity to perform, we all are not being able to show our commitment. I understand this and hope, u all do as well.

Jenish said...

Hello all,

In my point of view; any parties, organisations, individuals who are serious in doing some social work should be welcomed; unconditionally. Having a personality like Bigyan Bajracharya would certainly help Ycafe in developing even further and to attract more people. So I think you should go ahead!!
Good luck BB :)

rees said...

hi dears,
hope u all are doing for ycafe in your way.
biswas,i guess arthik budget had announced. i didn't read its detail till now.
i will make my time for it. by the way, what u are thinking for next step? and other guys, what is ur view for ycafe? common, wake up.

Bishwas said...

Dear Reena,

Sorry, I got little back seated this time. Consequences made me feel single headed and got reluctant. Sorry again.

Our Fax no. 01 5010514 is working fully to collect data from the villages/schools. VDCs are still not cooperating but schools are helping with their present resources.

1) Sustainiblity?
An idea of running cyber/info center has evolved from our volunteer activists which may be a good idea for the sustainibility.

2) Operation?
If the required computers are provided, major of the schools are ready to invest upto Nrs.2,00,000 for class/lab, furniture, generator, fuel, teachers, security, stationery

3) Support?
Some of our local friends are helping us with whatever they can: stationery iteams etc.

4) Am getting more do it and don't it for NGO concept of Ycafe. But I will mention on it after getting reviews on this text.

Jenish said...

Hello BB,

I think one of your friend works for Royal Mail in London.. I am just wondering if you can find out if there is any discount, if I send some books over to Nepal for the ycafe (non profit org).

Cheers,
Saroj

Rebina said...

DEAR BISHWAS,
IS IS POSSIBLE TO KEEP YCAFE LOGO AT THE HOMEPAGE OF YCAFE BLOG?

IF YES, YCAFE BLOG LOOKS NICE.

Bishwas said...

Saroj,

Pratima used to work in Royal Mail but she has left that job. So, regarding discount...um...I am little fused out.

And one more thing. Instead of sending books instantly, if u can send that postal amount, it would be quite easy for us to pay our debt of computers that we purchased to start project in Bharse.

Spending everything by single or 2 person is difficult but group contribution of small amount will be more worthy I guess.

Praj said...

Hi All,

First of all, its great to have bolg open for ycafe..

As every one is talking about book sending ... although i did tell dai why dont we send email to all the mailing list in our database n let ycafe email them whether they would help us by taking to nepal, its till airport.

rees said...

hi dears
sorry for long days.
i got to know that nepal day festival is going on september 8-9 in tokyo. they are going to represent nepal with stalls for business, NGO, food, culture and so on. i am thinking to get chance for Ycafe too.whether only banner or stall or another advertising way.
let me know ur view on it. for details, i will write soon. before that i wish to know about ur views. shall we or not? and if yes, i need ur concept.

Bishwas said...

Dear Reena,

Nepal day is one fine concept and definately an exciting one. If our frens share something on it then sun ma sugandha.

ONE MORE THING, I am developing a new documentary type video of Ycafe activities combining Dhustung, Bharse and others. But am stock with the presentation style. If u have any unique idea, do mention otherwise I will follow same traditional pattern.

And for Nepal festival, what kind of preparation is required and things to be sent from Nepal, let me know, I will start working on it from today itself.

rees said...

today,i participated at the meeting of nepal day festival.
15,000yen for two days.
which includes 2.67*3.5m, 1 banner with 1*2.5m,2 tables and 2 chairs.
the price is discounted price for NGO.
around 50,000 people are expected to come at the festival.
its may be good chance to present and let know people about us.
but till we don't have proper structure, so i am confusing, what to do?what is others view on this matter? i have answer the organizing company by tuesday.

rees said...

biswas, its good idea to make documentary.
in my view,it might be good if u focus on the change of village, after presentation of ycafe.i mean figure of village after and then.

Jenish said...

Hello BB,

What kind of documentary are you making? Is it more like home made or a proper documentary?
If you're making a documentary then I would advise you to make it in professional way, don’t have to hire a professional cameraman, but if you have a decent camera and some techniques to use it then it can be made in professional way. And then the DVDs can be distributed abroad to show that YCAFE is NOT just a name but they are working on the project.
My view – you don’t have to follow this :)
Documentary sequence -
Starting from the landscape
Economy of Nepal
Current situation and political conflict
Remote villages
Poverty and illiterate (specially in the remote part of Nepal)
Your background
Launching of YCAFE and its purpose
Difference between in the villages - before and after YCAFE
Upcoming events and programs

That’s all I can think of for now. . :)
SS

Bishwas said...

Thanks ree and saroj,

I wish I had a decent DV camera but during my visits to the villages, I had only a semi digital Sony handycam which had resoultion of 320 Pixel only. So for now, whatever footages I have, I will make use of them and with reference from Saroj's idea.

Next time, I will try to get a good video camera.

Bishwas said...

Hello folks,

Well I know its not only Reena and Saroj but others are living in this world. But seems they are sleeping. Good, all these Kumbhakarnas will have to wake for day n night once they awake.

Reena, u were talking on your confusion which is obvious. Only those get dive can feel it.

For now, I have discussed with myself and concluded that no NGO. Because I cannot handle it due to finance and manpower.

Then?
I have been running this show under Longtail e-media and wherever necessary, I have been explaining - this is Ycafe, social wing of Longtail emedia with a group of frens who are really not rich guys but enthusiastic about their future and giving back to society.

Until I get something concrete in my hand, I cannot apart Ycafe from Longtail and make its own official identity. The day Ycafe reborns with its own government registration, Longtail will take back sit and I will be acting fully for Ycafe with Longtail as a financing body.

Your views plz.

Praj said...

Dear All,

If you know about facebook.com and crazy about it.I have created a ycafe as a non profit organisation as a group.Please be the member and spread the word.

Many thanks


Pratima

Jenish said...

Hi Pratima,

I went to facebook and searched for YCAFE Group but had no luck!! please let me know how can I find it there.

Thanks,
SS

rees said...

hi pratima,
same problem with me too as saroj has....

Praj said...

Dear All,

Sorry for the late reply,for facebook ycafe.log in and search for ycafe as group u will get it... if problem mail me.

Thanks

Pratima

Jenish said...

Just found out that joining the ycafe group is restricted!!
See message below:

"Unable to Join
Group membership is restricted."

I even can't find ycafe when I try to search, I don't think its a good idea to restrict the group, infact we need to encourage people to join the group..

Cheers,
Saroj

Jenish said...

Just found out that joining the ycafe group is restricted!!
See message below:

"Unable to Join
Group membership is restricted."

I even can't find ycafe when I try to search, I don't think its a good idea to restrict the group, infact we need to encourage people to join the group..

Cheers,
Saroj

Praj said...

Hi

I kept restriction only yesterday as i dont want other than ycafe team to upload stuff as i dont want other to miss use the site coz i have seen website been miss used due to open acess,now i have return back to open access, so all guys write in wall paper n upload, Subash join the group while its was restricted, anyway thanks suraj for the suggestion.

Pratima

Praj said...

Dear All,

I think there is some techincal problem in facebook coz i myself cant see ycafe so i think i will wait till late evening n will see what i can do. Thanks Suraj for the suggestion.Again sorry about the incoveninace caused.

Pratima

Bishwas said...

I wish if a man called subash and another man called susan give away little of their words to this.

Bishwas

rees said...

hi biswas, why don't u public the script which u made for video script of ycafe to all the members?

Jenish said...

Hello BB,

How you getting on with your documentary? We are interested to read the script if you would like to share. Our view might give you some idea.

Cheers,
SS